Posts Tagged Advanced Directives
Five Wishes is an advance directive that was written by Aging with Dignity, a non-profit located in Tallahassee, Florida. Its mission is to “affirm and safeguard the human dignity of individuals as they age and to promote better care for those near the end of life”. Five Wishes was written with the help of the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging and the nation’s leading experts on end-of-life care.
It is a paper booklet 10 pages long that allows an individual over 18 to give direction for:
- The person I want to make care decisions for me when I can’t
- The kind of medical treatment I want or don’t want
- How comfortable I want to be
- How I want people to treat me
- What I want my loved ones to know Read the rest of this entry »